Wednesday, March 25, 2009

George the Granola Girl's first ever post!





Wow, is this exciting or what? My daughters Vanessa and Nicole have inspired me to create my own blog. I love reading their blogs and feel that I need to stay current with cultural media that helps me and my loved ones know each other in a greater way. Maybe you CAN teach an old dog new tricks after all!

After an intense 13 years ('91-'04) of starting, growing and running my own business with 15 employees, I was hit with a devastaing illness, chronic fatigue syndrome. We had to reorganize the business, giving me time to see what I could do to find help with healing and recovery. Since '04, I have been crawling my way out of it, and thanks be to our Lord, I am functional again.

I am experiencing a renaissance of sorts. I'm feeling the creative juices flowing a bit now and I have been able to go back to natural foods cooking, light gardening and the love of the outdoors. I even went to the fabric store the other day and bought a pattern to sew myself a long skirt. Earth Mama is back...maybe!!

I wanted you to see the Texas Hill country in the spring. We have a small ranch in Mason county. I took these photos in May 2007, which was a banner year for the wildflowers. When it's warm, the butterflies swarm right above the flowers and it looks like a magical kingdom. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. This is so awesome mom!!! I'm so excited that I have a great blog to read that's interesting and right up my alley. That's so great you're sewing a skirt, can't wait to see it. And that cactus recipe looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mom!!! I just found this and wow, way to go. I like this and will try to start up on mine again. Love you!

    ReplyDelete